Thursday, December 11, 2008

Back in action...

I have not been able to post for a while. I was on a road trip for a while, then wasn't able to get back to painting until just recently. So here are a couple of new paintings. The painting above is a 7x5 gouache. I painted a bunch of these and am sending them to John B. Strong Fine Art for a holiday show. I did a 12x12 from this study for a show of 12x12 paintings at Giacobbe-Fritz in Santa Fe also. The painting below will be in that show also.
This painting was retouched the other day, I painted it a while ago and it was sort of haunting me. It didn't seem complete and the colors felt too cool. I also thought a figure would make it a little more interesting. This one is 9x12 painted in oil.

4 comments:

Frank Gardner said...

Hey Logan. It is good to see some new work. Those little gouache pieces must look nice. You should post some more.

That figure does really make that bottom one. You just added it in at the end? Nice decision.

Richard Morris said...

Hey Logan. Give me a call when you get out here. We should do some plein air.

Logan Maxwell Hagege said...

Hey Frank, Glad you like them, yeah I will post some more pretty soon. Yeah I had that painting on the bottom just kind of hanging around my studio for a couple of months, it didn't feel finished and I kept thinking it needed a figure or some point of interest. So I added the figure and warmed up the color of the adobe building.

Logan Maxwell Hagege said...

Hey Rick, Yeah I would love to go painting outside with you. I will be in touch!